Who are the churches of Christ and what do we believe?
- We appeal to all for a return back to the Bible, the inspired Word of God.
- We endeavor to do Bible things in Bible ways and call Bible things by Bible names.
- We strive to be as similar as possible to the church we read about in the New Testament.
- We strive to model our lives after our one true example - Jesus Christ.
- We have no creed but Christ.
- We use no book but the Bible. We plead for religious unity based upon the Bible.
- We believe the Bible offers instructions for the only sure way to heaven.
Let us speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent.
What to expect at our worship service:
- We strive to follow the example of Christ's original church that we read about in the New Testament.
- "God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)
- "Let all things be done decently and in order." (I Corinthians 14:40)
- Bible preaching: You will hear a practical and encouraging biblical lesson with Scripture given for each point. (II Timothy 4:2-4)
- Prayer: You will hear and direct the thoughts of the congregation in prayer to God through Jesus Christ. (I Timothy 2:1-3)
- The Lord's Supper: Each week, you will see Christians observe the Lord's supper as a memorial to Jesus Christ and to His death until He comes again. (Matthew 26:26-28; Acts 20:7; I Corinthians 11:23-27)
- Giving: You will see us cheerfully give to the Lord as we have been prospered. (I Corinthians 16:1-2) As our guest, you are welcome to give but you are not expected to do so.
- Congregational singing: We invite you to join us as we sing praises to God. (Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16)